2013年1月20日星期日

葡撻







Since last time making milk tarts, I find myself quite enjoy rolling and pressing the soft dough filled with scattered butter! So this week I take out the thick book of Julia Child - Mastering The Art of French Cooking, to challenge myself making puff pastry!

I was thinking to bake egg tarts Hong Kong style or Portuguese tarts, but my friends insisted on the later, so u can see the pics.

It is not the egg filling that's tricky, but always the pastry! People who don't stay in kitchen for long won't understand the effort behind the small tart that they just bite and swallow. It took me 4 hours to make the puff pastry so that it has many many layers, crispy and tastes so buttery. So don't complain on my time management please.

Packed the pretty tarts in individual bags and I learned that not only all friends preferred portuguese egg tarts than Hong Kong style, they also find tarts with more burn marks on the egg filling are more drooling!



沒有留言:

發佈留言